Several private businesses and entities are providing advice and counsel in Mongolia regarding visas for the U.S. H-2 Temporary Worker Program. None of these entities are affiliated with the U.S. Embassy or the U.S. government. The U.S. Embassy does not contract, endorse, or sanction any Mongolian entities, agencies, or brokers to serve as “representatives” for U.S. visa purposes and cautions the public to remain alert to potential fraud schemes. In some cases, entities may ask for the privacy information of Mongolian citizens; be alert that such entities may then sell this information for marketing or other purposes. We encourage the public to report any suspicious visa activities, individuals, or entities to UlaanbaatarFPU@state.gov.
1) Official U.S. Government Information Sources for Prospective H-2A and H-2B Visa Applicants:
- U.S. Department of State: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/employment/temporary-worker-visas.html
- United States Citizenship & Immigration Service (USCIS): https://search.uscis.gov/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&affiliate=uscis_gov&query=H2&commit=
- U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar Visa Scheduling System: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/mn/mn-niv-typework.asp
- U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar Informational Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLd2033tP4I&feature=youtu.be
- U.S. Department of Labor, Lists of Foreign Labor Recruiters: https://www.foreignlaborcert.doleta.gov/Foreign_Labor_Recruiter_List.cfm
- U.S. Department of Labor, Temporary Worker Job Query Form: https://icert.doleta.gov/index.cfm?event=ehGeneral.dspLogin (you must click the “I am not a robot” icon at the bottom of the page)
2) Step-by-Step Instructions to Apply for H-2A and H-2B Visas:
Step 1: Find a company in the United States licensed to hire temporary workers and sign an employment contract with such a company. The U.S. Embassy cannot perform recruiting functions and maintains no lists of employers or available jobs. The U.S. Embassy does not endorse or sanction any job recruiting agencies or visa brokers anywhere in Mongolia. Please immediately report any agencies claiming to have a U.S. Embassy or U.S. government endorsement by email to UlaanbaatarFPU@state.gov.
Step 2: Have your employer file form I-129 (an H-2 visa petition) with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). All such petitions must be approved before you may schedule an H-2 visa appointment.
Step 3: Review your job contract, ensure you will be paid a fair market wage in the United States, and confirm that your petition is valid. You must receive a written work contract in a language you understand.
Step 4: Complete a DS-160 online visa application and pay the $190 USD visa application fee at Khan Bank (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/mn/mn-niv-visafeeinfo.asp).
Step 5: Obtain and/or update all of the following:
- Valid passport
- Valid petition number– see Step 2 above
- Payment receipt for the $190 USD visa application fee
Step 6: Schedule a visa appointment at https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ and arrive at the U.S. Embassy on time for your visa interview.
Step 7: If approved, receive your visa and travel to a U.S. port of entry and apply for admission as an H-2 temporary worker.