October 26, 2018
Public Affairs Section
U.S. Embassy Mongolia
Call for Applications: PAS-Ulaanbaatar-001/FY2019
The 2019 Study of the U.S Institutes for Women Student Leaders
U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar is pleased to announce the summer 2019 Study of the U.S. Institute for Student Leaders Program on Women’s Leadership. Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) on Women’s Leadership are intensive short-term academic programs whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate women leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. The five-week institutes consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the respective local communities. During the academic residency portion of the program, participants will also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.
The Study of the U.S. Institutes for Student Leaders on Women’s Leadership will examine the history and participation of women in public life in the United States. The Institute will focus on two major areas: developing participants’ leadership skills in areas such as critical thinking, communication, decision-making, and managerial abilities; and, placing these abilities in the context of the history and participation of women in U.S. politics, economics, culture, and society. The program will also examine the historical domestic progress towards women’s equality in the United States, the current domestic successes and challenges to women in a variety of fields, and current challenges in global women’s issues.
- Mongolian female citizens currently living in Mongolia, between 18 and 25 years of age;
- will have at least one semester to be completed remaining at their home university at after the conclusion of the SUSI program;
- proficient in English;
- be interested in the topic of women’s leadership;
- have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- with interest in learning about the United States;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel; and,
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
How to Apply:
The application deadline is Monday, November 26, 2018 8:30 a.m. To apply, interested candidates please submit completed [the 2019 SUSI for Student Leaders on Women’s Leadership Program Application Form] to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct all inquiries to the Embassy’s Facebook page or to email@example.com