The EducationUSA Mongolia Advising Center is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of EducationUSA Adviser.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
POSITION: EducationUSA Adviser
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: August 23, 2019
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
EducationUSA Mongolia, funded by the U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar, offers Mongolian students advising and information on studying in the United States. The EducationUSA Adviser is responsible for advising Mongolian youth and professionals on the U.S. education system, how to secure funding to finance their education in the United States, and how to navigate the “5 Steps” for studying in the United States. He/she designs and implements an annual outreach and marketing plan with accompanying budgets, including producing content in Mongolian and English for social media platforms. The adviser also organizes special events including university information fairs, makes presentations on U.S. higher education and related topics to schools and other organizations, and reports regularly to the embassy on EducationUSA activities. Primary work location will be at the EducationUSA Advising Center at the American Corner, Ulaanbaatar City Central Library. Extensive travel is required.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
• EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree in the fields of international relations, education, social work, psychology, counseling, or related field is required.
• EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two years of professional experience in the fields of education, international exchanges, student advising, information science, or related fields is required.
• LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Mongolian is required.
• SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Proficient in MS Office including MS Excel. Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills are required.
• JOB KNOWLEDGE: Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. and Mongolian higher education and other opportunities to study abroad is required.
This position offers a creative work environment with high levels of independence and autonomy. Advisers work with diverse students and professionals from across Mongolia, U.S. embassy staff, higher education professional from the United States, and Mongolian education sector professionals. Salary begins at 1.6 million Mongolian Tugrug per month (net), to be negotiated based on experience. Position offers opportunities to develop new skills and trainings, including travel to the United States and the Asia/Pacific region.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV in a PDF soft copy to email@example.com with the subject: Application for EducationUSA Adviser.
Applications will be accepted until the closing date but we strongly encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information, please call the Information Resource Center at 7007-6240.