January 19, 2021
Public Affairs Section
U.S. Embassy Mongolia
Call for Applications: PAS-Ulaanbaatar-010/FY2021
The 2022-2023 Fulbright Student Program Funded by the U.S. Department of State
The Public Affairs Section of U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar is now accepting applications for the 2022–2023 Fulbright (Foreign) Student Program. The online application deadline is 8:30 a.m. on Monday, March 22, 2021. The Fulbright Student Program enables researchers and professionals from Mongolia to pursue graduate study and conduct research in the United States. The Fulbright Program operates in more than 160 countries worldwide and approximately 8,000 grants are awarded annually.
To qualify, the applicants must:
- Be a Mongolian citizen, currently living in Mongolia;
- Hold a university degree (at least B.A. or equivalent);
- Have a minimum of 1.5 years of full-time work experience; and
- Hold a valid English language test score (test score requirements vary depending on the field of study, please see below).
Candidates who are applying to pursue studies in the following fields are required to have a minimum of TOEFL IBT 90, TOEFL PBT/ITP 575, or IELTS 7.00:
- Arts Administration/History
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- International Development
- International Relations
- Public Administration/Public Policy
- Political Science
- Theatre/Drama/Creative Writing
- Urban/Regional Planning
- Veterinary Medicine
Candidates pursuing studies in fields other than named above should have a minimum of TOEFL IBT 80, TOEFL PBT/IPT 550, or IELTS 6.5.
A complete online application will include following attachments (PDF):
- Under the Academic Materials section, scanned copy/ies of diploma and transcript of all university degrees;
*Diploma scan must include all language versions (i.e. Mongolian Cyrillic, Mongolian Script, English, etc.).
**Transcript must be issued by the school’s office of the registrar, on an official letterhead with proper stamp and/or signature. Transcript must be in English or provide a translation into English by an authorized translation service along with the original transcript in Mongolian.
- Under the Grant & Travel Plans section, a scanned copy of passport; and
- Under the Additional Information section:
- Under the Country-Specific Materials sub-section, a scanned copy of social insurance book indicating employment period of 1.5 years or more (only in Mongolian, English translation not required)
- Under the Supplemental Materials sub-section, three recommendation letters from individuals who can attest to your academic and professional abilities; and
! Only candidates who did not request recommendations via the automated online system should upload recommendation letters directly.
!! Note that recommendations requested via the automated online system are still due on the same day and time of the application deadline.
*Recommendation letters must be in English or attach a translation into English by an authorized translation service along with the original letter in Mongolian.
- Under the Additional Documentation sub-section, a scanned copy of TOEFL or IELTS official score report;
Things to note for your application:
- Answer all questions and answer truthfully. The essay must be your own work reflecting original thought. Any use of other people’s work or ideas must be properly cited and acknowledged. False information or plagiarism will be grounds for immediate dismissal.
- Submit only the documents requested.
- All documents submitted must be in English or have an official translation attached.
- Attachments in the following formats are accepted: .PDF and image files (e.g. .JPEG, .PNG, etc.)
- Incomplete application will be considered technically ineligible. Please carefully read the application form, and submit the additional documents as requested.
Preference will be given to candidates who have not had extensive recent experience in the United States. Extensive U.S. experience could include:
- Individuals with recent U.S. experience (more than 6 months within the last 5 years); and
- Individuals who have attended a graduate school in the U.S. for one academic year or more during the last seven years.
Individuals with U.S permanent resident status are ineligible.
All U.S. Government scholarship programs adhere to equal opportunity principle. Any individual who fulfills the program criteria are welcome to apply regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, age, and/or political or religious beliefs.
The Embassy will announce application results in April or May 2021 and notify all applicants via email.
Any inquiries about the program will not be answered via phone. Please direct all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.