The State Emergency Commission (SEC) stated that as of June 13th, 2021, a total of 73 soums in 16 provinces have imposed local lockdown measures including restrictions on the movement of citizens and the activities of government and legal entities due to rising cases of COVID-19.
Those who need to travel to the following soums and provinces must first contact the local emergency commission and take appropriate precautions before traveling.
- 5 soums (Ikh Tamir, Tuvshruulekh, Khashaat, Khotont, Undur-Ulaan) in Arkhangai province
- 5 soums (Khatgal, Tosontsengel, Galt, Ulaan-Uul and Shine-Ider) in Khuvsgul province
- 2 soums (Khangal and Gurvan bulag) in Bulgan province
- 2 soums (Lun and Bayan-Unjuul) in Tuv aimag province
- 5 soums (Ongon, Naran, Khalzan, Sukhbaatar and Dariganga) in Sukhbaatar province
- 7 soums (Bayangobi, Bogd, Bumbugur, Buutsagaan, Bayan-Ovoo, Ulziit and Erdenetsogt) in Bayankhongor province
- Batnorov soum of Khentii province
- Sergelen soum of Dornod province
- Darvi soum of Khovd province
- Saintsagaan, Delgerkhangai, Saikhan-Ovoo, Tsagaandelger, Ulziit in Dundgovi province
- Arvaikheer and Kharkhorin soums in Uvurkhangai province
- Airag, Sainshand and Dalanjargalan soums in Dornogovi province
- Biger, Delger, Tonkhil, Dariv, Tseel, Tugrug, Sharga and Khukhmorit soums in Gobi-Altai province
- Khuder soum of Selenge province
- Ulaangom, Baruunturuun, Davst, Undurkhangai, Bokhmoron, Khovd, Zavkhan, Tes, Naranbulag, Sagil soums in Uvs province
- 15 soums of Umnugovi province have imposed restrictions.
On June 16, 2021, the SEC announced that the current status of “heightened emergency preparedness” is extended until June 30, 2021. Beginning June 17, 2021, tourist camps have suspended operations and restaurants may only serve take-out meals for seven days.