Interesting facts about Mongolia
- Did you know that Mongolia has the oldest National Park in the world. Lying just South of Ulaanbaatar the Bogd Khan National Park dates its origin to 1778.
- Did you know that Mongolia is the largest landlocked country in the world.
- Did you know that Roy Chapman Andrews made the first discovery of dinosaur eggs in the Gobi. His exploits inspired the creation of Indiana Jones.
- Did you know that a 131 foot statue of Chinggis Khan sits just outside Ulaanbaatar and is the world’s tallest statue of a horse.
- Did you know that The Gobi Desert is the largest desert in Asia, and is the fifth largest in the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a visa to Mongolia?
For information about Mongolian visas, Mongolian immigration information, or Mongolian registration requirements, please visit the website the Immigration agency of Mongolia.
Who do I contact regarding services for American citizens in Mongolia?
Do I have to pay taxes from my income earned in Mongolia?
Please note that all U.S. citizens or resident aliens must report and pay federal tax on their worldwide income, even if they live abroad. For your convenience, attached is an electronic copy of the Publication 4732 and it is also available on the internet at http://www.irs.gov Persons with specific questions on Federal taxes may write to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service Office. 11601 Roosevelt Blvd., Drop Point 820 SW, Philadelphia, PA 19154 for assistance.
State tax forms may be obtained from each state in the United States, or may be downloaded from the internet from the following website: http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/link/forms.html.
Further information can be found at http://travel.state.gov/