Please read this important information from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) on prevention and treatment of Coronavirus. Updates and more information can be found on their website.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent 2019-nCoV infection. The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. The CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses.
U.S. Citizen Assistance:
State Department – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
Mongolia Country Information
American citizens are strongly encouraged to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
For travel updates please see: Travel.State.Gov U.S. Department of State Consular Affairs
For additional information please refer to trusted, official sources such as: