Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Scholarship Program for Fall 2022
Deadline: 10 a.m. Thursday, July 7, 2022
Virtual Learning Opportunities for foreign English teachers and professionals
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar is now accepting applications for the Fall term Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Scholarship Program.
The Online Professional English Network (OPEN) Program offers foreign English teaching professionals the opportunity to take innovative, online university-level classes and online professional development programming for teachers.
OPEN Program Courses:
- Introduce and explore current methodological concepts and issues in the English as a Foreign Language field
- Provide an innovative distance-learning experience that uses the latest technology
- Connect participants with U.S. English language teaching experts and creates a professional network of international colleagues
How to apply
Please submit following documents by e-mail to email@example.com before the due date of 10 a.m. Thursday, July 7, 2022.
- Completed application form with statement of purpose
- Up-to-date CV
Only complete applications along with CV will be considered for the program.
The application form and the Fall OPEN program course description can be downloaded here.
We are accepting applications for:
Fall term (classes begin Sept. 27, 2022; orientation available from Aug. 22 – Sept. 16, 2022)
The courses available
- Teaching Grammar Communicatively
- Integrating Critical Thinking Skills into the Exploration of Culture in an EFL Setting
- TESOL Methodology
- Professional Development for Teacher Trainers
- Using Educational Technology in the English Language Classroom
- Teaching English to Young Learners
- Fostering Student Engagement and Motivation (FSME)
- Creating and Implementing Online Courses (CIOC)
- Developing and Teaching Academic Writing Courses (DTAW)
Candidates should be highly motivated teachers, teacher trainers, or ministry officials who are both dedicated to their own professional development and willing to share their knowledge with colleagues.
Qualified candidates should:
- Be an English language professionals/teachers or ministry/education department officials
- Be a citizen of and reside in Mongolia at the time of the course
- Not hold dual citizenship in the United States
- Have the ability to complete academic work at a U.S. university level (CEFR approximately B2)
- Have at least 8-10 hours per week to devote to coursework
- Have regular access (4-5 times per week) to a reliable, internet-enabled device
- Have an understanding of English technical terms
- Have basic technology skills related to creating usernames and passwords, using credentials to log in to secured websites, using email, searching the internet, and accessing and managing electronic files (e.g., pdf, MS Word, Excel), including downloading and uploading files.
- Have the ability to type in English well enough to participate in online discussions and submit written assignments in a timely manner
- Be willing to be enrolled in a second or third course, if your primary choice is unavailable