Celebrating the American Independence day the U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar is announcing an Essay Competition! Young people over 13 years of age are invited to participate by submitting an essay on democracy, answering to title of the competition “What Does Democracy Mean to You?”
Democracy and respect for human rights have long been central components of U.S. foreign policy. Democratically governed nations are more likely to secure the peace, deter aggression, expand open markets, promote economic development, combat international terrorism and crime, uphold human and worker rights, avoid humanitarian crises and refugee flows, improve the global environment, and protect human health.
With these goals in mind, the United States seeks to promote democracy as a means to achieve security, stability, and prosperity for the entire world; assist newly formed democracies in implementing democratic principles; assist democracy advocates around the world to establish vibrant democracies in their own countries; and identify and denounce regimes that deny their citizens the right to choose their leaders in elections that are free, fair, and transparent.
- Entries should be no more than 500-800 words in length and in English or Mongolian;
- Submit your essay as attachment to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The subject line of your email should be: Submission for Essay Competition;
- The attachment must be sent as a Word document.
- In the body of your email include the following information:
- Your full name;
- Essay title;
- Email address;
- Phone number.
- Essays must be submitted no later than 11:59PM Sunday May 31, 2015.
Embassy representatives will evaluate and select the 3 winning essays.
Winners will be announced in June 2015 and will be published on our social media websites. Winners will each receive 1 invitation to the U.S. Embassy’s 4th of July reception.
If you have a question about the competition, feel free to contact us via email@example.com or at 7007-6001.