Dear ETMs and English teachers in the five Western aimags
We are pleased to invite you to “Innovative classroom and Interactive teaching” the 1st regional conference
sponsored by the U.S. Embassy in Ulaanbaatar
April 13-15, 2018 – Khovd, Mongolia
The conference will be held at Laboratory School # 1 in Khovd on April 13-15, 2018. The U.S. Embassy will cover costs for presenters only. (The costs including registration, transportation, and room and board) The registration fee for attendees will be MNT10.000.
- Paper: 30-minute research presentation, of which 5 minutes are for discussion.
- Workshop: 45-minute session for 1-2 presenters to share practical skills, techniques or ideas in an interactive format.
- Poster: One-hour session and presentation of a snapshot of a study. This can be done through enlarged text, graphics, diagrams, charts or tables, for example. Each poster session will provide one hour for presenters to engage with conference attendees about the content.
All presentations will be given in English.
The research papers, workshops and poster presentations should address the following sub-themes:
1) Language planning and language policy
2) Methodologies and teaching approaches
3) Curriculum, syllabus design and materials design
4) Assessment and evaluation
5) English for academic/specific purposes
6) Teacher education and professional development
7) Program management and leadership development
8) Digital literacies/language learning and technology
9) Teaching younger learners
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
The proposals will be accepted March 1-20, 2018. Click here to download the proposal template.
Please send your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on March 20, 2018.
The proposal should have:
- A title of up to 10 words
- An abstract of up to 200 words
- A short bio of up to 60 words
We look forward to welcoming you to the 1st Regional TEFL Conference in Khovd!