Effective immediately, the U.S. Embassy in Mongolia will be unable to provide routine American Citizen Services from December 19, 2022 through January 9, 2023. Previously scheduled routine passport, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, and notary appointments will be rescheduled for after January 9, 2023. Non-Immigrant and Immigrant Visa Services will also be affected during this period.
The U.S. Embassy in Mongolia will continue to provide emergency assistance to U.S. citizens during this time.
We regret this delay in services and are working to resume all American Citizen Services again soon. In the interim, thank you for your patience.
Actions to Take:
- In the case of an emergency involving a U.S. citizen, please call our Embassy in Ulaanbaatar at 976-7007-6001. This number is open to receive emergency calls 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar
- American Citizen Services Unit
- Phone: +976 7007-6001
- E-mail: UlaanbaatarACS@state.gov
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
State Department – Consular Affairs
- Phone: +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444
- Mongolia Country Information