Denver Street #3
11th Micro District
Public Protests in Ulaanbaatar
U.S. citizens in Ulaanbaatar are advised to take appropriate precautions due to ongoing public protests against the Mongolian government in and around Sukhbaatar Square. There have been reports of multiple arrests, injuries, and road closures from Sukhbaatar Square to the Ikh Tenger palace between the late hours of last night and early this morning, and protests may continue into the weekend. U.S. citizens are encouraged to avoid this area until the demonstrations subside.
Actions to Take:
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar
- American Citizen Services Unit
- Phone: +976 7007-6001
- E-mail: UlaanbaatarACS@state.gov
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
State Department – Consular Affairs
- Phone: +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444