If the eligibility requirements have been met, please make an appointment for Consular Report of Birth Abroad services online at the ACS Online Appointment System.
The child and at least one parent must appear in person at the appointment. Please provide the original documents, plus one copy. If copies are not provided, the copy fee is $1 per page.
- Completed (but not signed) Application for CRBA form DS-2029
- Non-Refundable Application Fee ($100 USD cash only)
- Child’s Original Birth Certificate (with notarized translation)
- Parent’s Passports (see instructions below if one parent is not present**)
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Proof of Blood Relationship
- Proof of Physical Presence
- Proof of Legitimate/Legal Relationship
**If one parent/guardian is unable to appear in person bring an original signed, notarized Affidavit of Physical Presence or Residence, Parentage and Support DS-5507 and a notarized copy of the absent parent’s passport. Scanned copies are not acceptable.