Emergency Financial Assistance

Sending Money in an Emergency

When a U.S. citizen encounters an emergency financial situation abroad, the Department of State’s Office of Overseas Citizens Services (OCS) can establish a trust account in the citizen’s name in order to forward funds overseas if no other options are available.  Please contact the Consular Section directly to inquire about this service.

Address: Denver street #3, 11th micro district, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Business Hours: 08:00 am – 4:30 pm (Monday through Friday), except for U.S. and Mongolian holidays
Phone: 976-7007-6001
E-mail: UlaanbaatarACS@state.gov

U.S. citizens in Mongolia can receive money transferred via Western Union or Money Gram; both services operate branches and desks throughout the country.

People transferring money to Mongolia will receive a 10-digit money transfer control number (MTCN).  To collect the money, the recipients will have to provide the following information:

  • Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
  • Identification such as a passport
  • Name, address, and phone number of person transferring money
  • The amount of money transferred
  • Country and city where money was transferred