U.S. Mission Ulaanbaatar
Announcement Number: UB-2018-19
Position Title: Voucher Examiner
Opening Period: September 21, 2018 – October 5, 2018
Series/Grade: LE 420/6
Salary: (USD) 12,836
For More Info: Human Resources Office:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 341
Ulaanbaatar-14190, U.S. Embassy
Human Resources Office
Who May Apply: For USEFM – FP is 8. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Mission in Mongolia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Voucher Examiner.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (number of hours per week – 40 hours)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Examines invoices and other claims for payment, prepares vouchers for a variety of transactions with limited to average difficulty, and enters vouchers into the financial system for processing.
Qualifications and Evaluations Requirements:
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school is required.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 1 year of work experience in vouchering, accounting, or related field is required.
LANGUAGE: Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required. Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Mongolian is required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have math skills and be able to explain financial information both orally and in writing. Excellent skills in the use of calculator & computer (word processing/ADP System and spreadsheet).
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) Appointment Eligible Family Member (AEFM) / U.S. citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM) who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) Foreign Service on Leave Without Pay (LWOP) and Civil Service (CS) with reemployment rights**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on HR/OE Intranet Site.
To apply for this position, applicants should submit the documents listed below by mail.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree Diploma with transcript
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via phone.
The complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Mongolia.