U.S. Mission Ulaanbaatar
Announcement Number: UB-2018-23
Position Title: Bodyguard
Opening Period: October 22, 2018 – November 2, 2018
Series/Grade: LE 810/5
Salary: (USD) 10,848
For More Info: Human Resources Office:
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 341
Human Resources Office
Who May Apply: For USEFM – FP is 9. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply. Summary: The U.S. Embassy in Mongolia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Bodyguard.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (number of hours per week – 40 hours)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: The job holder serves as a Protective Security Escort (Bodyguard). S/he is responsible for the planning and execution of protective security operations for the U.S. Ambassador/Chief of Mission, Deputy Chief of Mission when acting in the capacity of the Chargé, and other designated or visiting U.S. government officials as directed. Works under the direction of the Regional Security Officer/Assistant Regional Security Officer, and reports directly to the Supervisory Protective Security Escort.
Qualifications and Evaluations:
EDUCATION: Completion of High School is required.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of previous military, private security, police, or guard related duties are required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: A thorough knowledge of defense measures to be used in the event of a terrorist attack, such as that learned in the military or law enforcement training. Knowledge in medical, fire, hostile attack, defensive and emergency driving procedures. Must be familiar with Mongolian national police, military, security and other government offices to ensure effective liaison and to facilitate effective protective operations including advance and motorcade operations.
LANGUAGE: Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English and Mongolian are required. (This may be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have initiative and resourcefulness in accomplishing tasks. Must be able to deal effectively with people of other cultures to obtain cooperation and reach common goals. Possesses good leadership and interpersonal skills. Must have a valid driver license. Must be able to demonstrate judgment and basic safe driving skills in both oral and practical examination. Good working computer skills required. Must be able to work variable shifts, 24 hour on-call schedule, and able to travel outside capital city on an as needed basis.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Embassy provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) Appointment Eligible Family Member (AEFM) / U.S. citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM) who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) Foreign Service on Leave Without Pay (LWOP) and Civil Service (CS) with reemployment rights**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on HR/OE Intranet Site.
To apply for this position, applicants should submit the documents listed below by mail.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree Diploma with transcript
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via phone.
The complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Mongolia.