U.S. Mission Ulaanbaatar
Announcement Number: UB-2021-09
Position Title: Janitress/Janitor
Opening Period: August 27, 2021 – September 10, 2021
For More Info: Human Resources Office:
Mailing Address: U.S. Embassy
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 20-341
Who May Apply: For USEFM – FP is BB. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Local Security Certification
Duration Appointment: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: The U.S. Embassy in Mongolia is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Janitress/Janitor.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (number of hours per week – 40 hours)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Duties: Cleans offices, storerooms, corridors, stairways, leased residences and other areas. Keeps restrooms clean, orderly and sanitary condition, manages cleaning material and equipment needed to do the work. Uses strong chemical cleaning solutions. Reports problems, breakage and maintenance issues found during daily cleaning. Performs cleaning and serving duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations:
EDUCATION: Completion of secondary school education is required.
EXPERIENCE: One to two years of cleaning experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: General knowledge of cleaning items and their safe use and the ability to read and understand labeling on the cleaning products.
LANGUAGE: Level II (Limited) written and spoken English and Level III (good working knowledge) Mongolian is required. (This will be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to clean thoroughly and efficiently. Ability to follow oral instruction from supervisor. Basic elementary computer skills of Microsoft Office Word and Excel and Outlook.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Embassy provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) Appointment Eligible Family Member (AEFM) / U.S. citizen Eligible Family Member (USEFM) who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) Foreign Service on Leave Without Pay (LWOP) and Civil Service (CS) with reemployment rights**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va
How to Apply: All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local Security Certification clearance. Applicants must submit a Universal Application for Employment (DS-174) which is available on Embassy Website.
To apply for this position, applicants should submit the documents listed below by mail.
Required Documents: Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Copy of Degree Diploma with transcript
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Letter(s) of recommendation
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via phone.
The complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Mongolia.